BLERD Photochop Contest!!!!
Let's face it. Adobe Photoshop, and other digital editing programs are here to stay. My modeling career started back when the majority of photographers were still shooting on film, so I'm still blown away by the leaps and bounds by which technology and accessibility within the photography and digital/graphic arts arenas have grown. I've learned to take the good with the bad. I've seen plenty of images butchered to make models and celebrities cartoonishly perfect, but I've also seen these same tools utalized to enhance already beautiful photography, or take images to a whole new level with composites, and art that blow my socks off! Let's not forget, photochopping fuckery used in pranks, propaganda, & for every day sh*ts and giggles has not only given us comic relief, but has also changed the trust and value our generation puts into a photograph as evidence or a representation of reality.
So now I challenge my BLERDs, fans, creatives, and anyone with too much time on their hands to enter my very first PHOTOCHOP contest!
("Photochop", Or "Photochopping", Is Where An Image Is Manipulated Using Some Kind Of Graphics Editing Software, Such As Photoshop, Corel Photopaint, The GIMP, Paint Shop Pro, Paint.NET, Or Microsoft Paint.)
What a prefect way to appeal to my inner Vanity Smurf and let you all show off your skills. Go crazy! But 1st, here are a few rules...
- There is NO fee to enter, and anyone of any skill level may enter.
- Your entry must include at least one photo of Vanessa Veasley provided below.
- You may use the Vanessa Veasley image in a composite and/or manipulate the image itself.
- Your entry must have some geeked out or sci-fi themed element(space, steampunk, cyberpunk, gadgetry, fantasy, animation, superhero, anime, apocalyptic, movie reference, etc...)
- Deadline for submissions is Midnight(EST), June 30th, 2011
- Submit your entry to teamvanessaveasley[at]gmail.com. Please include your daytime contact info and Twitter information.
- You may submit DIFFERENT multiple photochop entries for consideration.
- All entries will be judged by Vanessa Veasley based on creativity, originality, humor/whimsy, and overall awesomeness.
- ALL entries that pass submission guidelines will be posted on VanessaVeasley.com
- One grand prize winner will be selected to receive a Vanessa Veasley merchandise themed prize valued at over $50.00. Winner will also be announced on VanessaVeasley.com
Note: I have a huge sense of humor so feel free to go bananas, but also remember that I am judging. So don't cross the line by creating anything sexually explicit/disrespectful , it will be a waste of time because I will not post it. Think PG13, maybe R if it's superbly awesome... not XXX. Got it? Good!
Have fun BLERDS!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with:) -VV
USE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IMAGES FOR YOUR CREATION: